Monday, June 22, 2009

ADD Mommy

So it's official. I have ADD. I have been putting off this diagnosis for years, because I have been more focused on my back/neck/spine/muscle/arm/hip/leg/foot issue(s). As part of my "When We Move" mission, I broke down and went to get a clinical diagnosis. The last four years have been a sea of pregnancy and breast feeding and those two things don't mix with the stimulants of an ADD treatment.
Or do they?
*sigh*
So.... I have been waiting all this time to begin treatment. Years and years. And my new doctor doesn't believe stimulants work in Adult ADD. Whaaa? Seriously, you say? He wants to put me on an anti-depressant! Effexor or Wellbutrin. Drugs that I could have been taking this ENTIRE TIME!!!!!! Granted, it's not "ideal" for your baby to breast feed while on either of these drugs, but I still COULD have.
I am still going to do a bit more research about those drugs and ADD, so if anyone can share info about those drugs and/or about Adult ADD please do!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I was on Pristiq, obviously not for ADD, but it is an anti-depressant. I loved it because it made me just go-go-go. I accomplished 110% of what was on my daily to-do lists. The only weird-ish side effects were being dizzy sometimes, and dry-mouth.

GOOD LUCK!