Monday, December 7, 2009

music, why are you being such a jerk?

I am displeased with music at the moment.
I generally love music.
In fact,
I live for it's
melodic pleasures.
But a switch has been
flipped.
I hear songs
and feel
annoyed.
I give a new band a try
(read that aweful WILCO)
and
could whip
out the Bic
and
dissect my wrists.
I see Tim McGraw on
Oprah
(I know! My life will improve when she retires. I wonder if she's going to get Tyra to replace her?)
and think
who
encourages
his mediocre singing?
And not so much the music,
but the personal
and
prfessional endeavors
of my
ABSOLUTE
favorite band
of
all.
freaking.
time.
PEARL JAM
YOU. ARE. MESSING. WITH. MY.
MIND.
It is coming guys.
I will give you a big ole
slice
of it soon.

Untill then.
I will relax to the sounds of
my
at least I'm
pretty
sure one of them is the
cause of my
swelling womb
It was either them
or
the guy I'm
married
to.

2 comments:

Nancy C said...

When Pearl Jam remade that "Oh Where oh Where can my BAY-BEE be?" song (I know it has a real title, but I don't know it), a little part of me died.

Hate that song.

Muliebrity said...

I outwardly cringe at that song too. I REALLY hate that song. Matt and I have had long discussions about why I want to punch the person who came up with that idea in the face. Matt doesn't get why. Why? Really? The biggest problem I have with it is that it is just a straight up copy of the original (which I happen to like), with the only difference being that they used their "sound", not the bright clean sound of the original. They did not put their own spin on it at all! The just played it straight! How lame! They really could have made it interesting. Heavy. Modern. But no.